All new students on an F-1 or J-1 visa are required to attend Document Check after their arrival in the U.S. Document Check is a procedure that verifies a student’s immigration status to ensure that the student is eligible to start an academic program at the University of Minnesota Duluth for the upcoming academic semester.
To complete your document check, once you are in the U.S., please log into MyISSS.
You will need the following:
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Passport and visa stamp (in your passport)
- I-94 (if you have a paper I-94 - a white card in your passport that was stamped during your immigration inspection, otherwise you can download your electronic I-94 online)
- Dependent documents (I-20 or DS-2019, passport, visa stamp, and I-94 card) if you have dependents with you
- Previous school’s I-20 or DS-2019 (if you attended another school in the U.S.)
- University of Minnesota ID number (on your admission letter)
- Sponsor letter (if your tuition & fees are paid directly to the University by a government or international agency)